Welcome the first section of the Guide.
Further sections cover subjects such as Developing, Starting and growing, Discipleship, Sustaining and Supporting. But before reaching those stages, it might be helpful to explore what exactly is meant by a fresh expression of church.
There are many misconceptions about the term. This section is an attempt to bring clarity and understanding. There are articles and selected case studies of different types of fresh expressions.
The section is split into seven sections:
- What is a fresh expression of church?
- What does a 'mixed economy' church involve?
- What Christian principles lie behind fresh expressions?
- Can we find fresh expressions in church history?
- Why do fresh expressions matter?
- Are fresh expressions proper church?
- Is God calling me to be involved?
These pages are very much our first thoughts on these subjects. We are not at all sure that we have got them right. In some cases we are flying a kite, trying out an idea to see whether it resonates with those who are pioneering new forms of church.
We don't want the Guide to reflect the opinions of a few, but to be the shared wisdom of the pioneer community as a whole. So please get in touch if you have comments, thoughts or wisdom to share. What have we left out? What do you disagree with? How far does what we have written connect with your experience? Your comment could be a great help to other users of the Guide.