Join us on Monday 28th May 2012 at 12noon (local time) - wherever you are in the world - to pray for those beyond the reach of the church as it often is, for fresh expressions of church and all who champion, lead or attend them.
The dedicated hour of prayer is for all those who want to thank God for what has gone before and pray together for what lies ahead. Pray with others or pray alone, pray on our online prayer wall (below, on our Facebook page or on Twitter using #285prayer) or download our resources to give you ideas for specific prayer on the day and in the future.
You might want to:
- use our 60 prayers for 60 minutes (download);
- follow our suggested prayer guide for the hour (below);
- pray for specific fresh expressions of church which have shared their prayer requests on our prayer map;
- read the stories of lives transformed through fresh expressions of church across the globe;
- pray in your own way, in your own time;
- gather in a group to pray;
- meditate using our reflection on Galatians 2 (download .mov or .wmv);
- share your prayer time with others online;
- pray with your local community.
Join is in prayer from 12noon to 1pm and please share anything you feel God is saying.
Bishop Graham Cray, Archbishops' Missioner and leader of the Fresh Expressions team, added,
The hour of prayer will take place on the day after Pentecost, when we traditionally celebrate the birthday of the church. This designated time of waiting on God in thankfulness for the past and hope for the future is one I welcome and encourage others to share with us.
- Suggested guide to hour of prayer (download .pdf below);
- 60 prayers for 60 minutes [60.00] (download PowerPoint presentation);
- Galatians 2 meditation [4.35] (download .mov or .wmv video file);
- Hour of prayer event on Facebook;
- #285prayer on Twitter.
|hour of prayer for fresh expressions - a suggested guide||475.75 KB|