Andrew Wooding asks how can we sustain our fresh expression?
A brand new section has appeared in the guide: How can we sustain our fresh expression? Arguably it is one of the most important sections of the guide, which makes it ironic that it is also currently the shortest.
It includes our first shot at sharing some wisdom on sustainability: Sustaining a fresh expression.
Do you agree or disagree with some of the statements made on this page:
- 'Pioneers should withdraw from their converts as quickly as possible.'
- 'Avoid getting bogged down by church events.'
- 'Go back to the drawing board. You can save yourself several years of hard slog on a venture that was never going to last.'
This is far from the last word, and there are almost certainly other themes that we should address. So we need your help.
- What have you learnt about sustainability from your own experience – from triumphs to botches? After reading the material in this section, would you want to say something like: 'No, it's not like that', 'That's far too simplistic' or 'From my own experience, it's really like this...'
- What other themes should this section contain?
- Would you be willing to help us write any of these themes?