Twenty eight stories to inspire and challenge, illustrating lessons to be learnt as fresh expressions of church make a difference to people's lives.
From the church for ragamuffins in Swansea, to the Divine Divas of Tadcaster, these new ways of being church demonstrate that God's Spirit is helping Christians live mission-shaped lives in a whole range of fresh contexts.
Fresh Expressions show how the Church can reach out in new ways to those around us. We should be encouraged and inspired by these projects which are showing God's love in practical ways all over the country. I hope this DVD will help other church communities realise the wonderful potential they have to make a difference wherever they are.
John Sentamu, Archbishop of York
expressions: making a differenceWhat a fantastic DVD! To see such creativity, vision and innovation in helping reach people for Christ. Get a coffee, sit down, watch and be inspired!
Mark Russell, CEO, Church Army
Throughout our ten years as 24-7 Prayer we have understood the urgent need for fresh forms of church to reach current and emerging generations. This helpful resource shows the potential of Fresh Expressions to help us plant church that makes a difference. I recommend it highly.
Pete Greig, 24-7 Prayer and Alpha International
- authentic(?), Glasgow (Starting from scratch)
- Boring Wells, Belfast (Becoming mission-shaped people)
- CCM Gorton, Manchester (Serving people from around the world)
- Church for the Night, Bournemouth (Being church in clubland)
- CoffeeCraft, Clee Hill (Creating mission in the countryside)
- Colin Brown, Falmouth (Establishing a fresh expression for artists)
- Divine Divas, Tadcaster (Building church around relationships)
- Exeter Network Church, Exeter (Discovering natural networks)
- Grafted, Newcastleton (Making disciples and creating leaders)
- Harvest New Anglican Church, Thanet (Reaching diverse networks of people)
- King's Cross Church, London (Planting church in a developing area)
- Monks Road Threshold, Lincoln (Creating church in an area of deprivation)
- re:generation, Romford (Growing a new generation of leaders)
- Reconnect, Poole (Building community and recreating church)
- safespace, Telford (Drawing on the wisdom of monastics)
- St George's, Deal (Growing church but staying fluid)
- Sanctus1 and Nexus, Manchester (Taking the next step)
- StreetSpace, Chard (Taking youth culture seriously)
- Streetwise, Sheffield (Helping the marginalised)
- The Beacon, Dartford (Forming church in a new housing area)
- The Lounge at Costa, Woodbridge (Engaging seekers in a market town)
- The Ruth Project, Stanley (Working where conventional church struggles)
- The Sunday Sanctuary, Portsmouth (Growing community through hospitality)
- The Wesley Playhouse, Howden Clough (Using buildings and exercising faith)
- 3.08@Kingshill, Nailsea (Learning from mistakes)
- Tubestation, Polzeath (Moving from community to discipleship)
- Wolverhampton Pioneer Ministries, Wolverhampton (Growing church with young adults)
- Zac's Place, Swansea (Establishing church on the edge)
You can also purchase each of the 28 chapters as a downloadable video clip (£2 per story) using the links above or to the right.
Other purchasing options
Purchase this product
Running time: 185 mins approx.